The individual open enrollment for 2018 – starts November 1st.
Below are a few updates:
- As of January 1, 2018, there will be no PPO options available in Washington State. All options will have limited networks.
- Most individuals will be required to purchase coverage via the Washington State Insurance Exchange (www.wahealthplanfinder.org)
- You must select and confirm coverage by December 15th for a January 1st effective date.
- The open enrollment period ends January 15th. Any application submitted after December 15th will have a February 1st effective date.
Prepare now for Open Enrollment!
- Estimate your income for 2018. Will you qualify for a tax credit in 2018? *See income table below.
- Visit www.wahealthplanfinder.org to make sure you have correct log in information (username/password). There are options to retrieve your username and password on the website – if you don’t have it. If you don’t have an account set up, you will need to create an account prior to speaking with an agent.
- Talk with your doctors to see which carriers they accept. For 2018, the following carriers will offer individual medical coverage to individuals in King, Pierce and Snohomish counties:
- Molina (HMO)
- Ambetter Coordinated Care (HMO)
- Kaiser (HMO)
- Premera Blue Cross (EPO)
- Schedule a phone appointment with your agent. It is not too early to schedule a phone call to review your plan options. We are giving priority to individuals who have plans that will be discontinued, so we appreciate your patience around scheduling. Options for scheduling are below.
*Estimated income limits for 2018 ACA tax credits