The open enrollment period for individuals and families is quickly approaching. During the open enrollment, you can shop and compare plan options for 2019. The insurance marketplace can be difficult to navigate, we’re here to make that process easier. While we won’t have complete information until November 1st, below is an overview of what we know now and how you can prepare for the open enrollment period:
Individuals & Family Open Enrollment
The individual open enrollment period for 2019 – starts November 1st.
You must select and confirm coverage by December 15th for a January 1st effective date.
The following carriers will continue offering coverage in Washington State for 2019:
- Premera Blue Cross or Lifewise (depends on county)
- Ambetter Coordinated Care
Similar to 2018, there are no PPO plans available to individuals in Washington State. All individual medical plans have “in-network” coverage only (except for emergencies).
The premium increases vary by carrier. However, the average in Washington State is about 13%. You will want to review your renewal notice from your carrier for specific details on your updated premium.
You should receive your renewal notice from your insurance company on or before November 1st outling any changes to your coverage or premium.
Get Ready for Open Enrollment!
- Estimate your income for 2019. Will you qualify for a tax credit in 2019? *See income table below.
- Visit www.wahealthplanfinder.org to make sure you have correct log in information (username/password). There are options to retrieve your username and password on the website.
- Check with your doctors to confirm which carriers they accept.
- Contact Mutual Benefits Insurance at (206) 709-2619 if you’d like to schedule a phone appointment to review options.
*Estimated income limits for 2019 ACA tax credits
|Household Size||Income Limit|
Review all of your insurance needs! In addition to medical, we can help you with dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
Call us at 206-709-2619 or fill out our convenient online form to get started.