Open Enrollment 2019-2020: Are You Ready?
Open Enrollment is November 1 – December 15th
(You must select and confirm coverage by December 15th for a January 1st effective date.)
The following carriers will offer coverage in Washington State for 2020. Please note most carriers are only available in select counties, this means you may not have access to every carrier available on the list below:
Ambetter Coordinated Care’
- Premera Blue Cross
- Providence Health Plan
- Regence Blue Shield*
Similar to 2019, there are no traditional PPO plans available to individuals in Washington State. All individual medical plans have limited networks where you are required to be “In-network” (except for emergencies).
* not eligible for tax credits
The premium increases vary by carrier. However, this year there is an average decrease in Washington State of 3%. You will want to review your renewal notice from your carrier for specific details on your updated premium.
On or before November 1st, you will receive a notice from your insurance company outlining the status of changes to your coverage and premium for 2020. If your carrier will no longer be offering your plan in your county, you will also receive that notice by mail. Please note that all counties in Washington will have individual plan options available for purchase.
Get Ready for Open Enrollment!
- Estimate your income for 2020. Will you qualify for a tax credit in 2010?
* Estimated 2020 Income Table Below
- Visit www.wahealthplanfinder.org to make sure you have correct log in information (username/password). There are options to retrieve your username and password on the website.
- Check with your doctors to confirm which carriers they accept.
- Contact Mutual Benefits Insurance to schedule a time to review your options.